Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

There's a first time for everything

I know you are thinking from the title of this post this is surely about Ava and while it is, it is about a first time for myself. This weekend our class activity with our Bible class was camping. My friends, this was the first time in my life that I have ever been camping. I know some of you are thinking spoiled brat but honestly I love air conditioning and electricity and a bathroom within a few feet of my bed, call me crazy but those are things I enjoy in life! I simply went out of peer pressure and it was fun. So, the reason for no blogging lately is I have been making list after list of things for this two night trip. Below you can see the car packed to the top and I promise everything in here was a necessity - we just happen to require a lot more things than most people there that had two or three kids! (And, all meals were provided so there is no food in this car!)



Below was our crib for the weekend. We found this jewel at Sam's for $75, what a deal. I mean if I was going to do this, I wanted space and I had space. In fact, we had the second biggest tent of anyone there, it so kindly became known as the Taj Mahal seeing as how every tent around us that was much smaller than ours held families with two and three kids and we had one but c'mon people I had a pack -n -play.



Ava did great! This was her means of transportation around the campground, she had so much fun.



There was a playground right by our campsites so that was entertaining here she is with her Daddy going down the slide she could have done that all day I think.



And of course no camping trip is complete without her mother's friends feeding her full of cheese puffs and covering herself in orange that then took like 10 wipes to get off of our face and hands. This was probably the only thing she sat down and ate, the rest of the time if her eyes were open she was on the move because she might miss something if she fell asleep and we wouldn't want that now would we.



Overall, I would say we survived our first camping trip and we will definitely make sure this is an annual thing. I can definitely appreciate that people enjoy camping. Is it going to be the next family vacation - I am afraid not seeing as how I looked at Ava as we were both in the shower and I am trying to not let her slip off the handicap bench and a butterfly decided to join in on the fun as well as a few other small creatures I just said next time we are on a vacation I think it will be at a hotel!!!!!

Thanks to Alisha for a wonderful first time experience in the world of camping. You did a great job of planning the trip and the meals were awesome.

4 comments:

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

I bet Ava (and Heath I'm sure) were so proud to have the biggest tent on the block. Awesome! It sounds like ya'll had a great time - we're looking forward to going next year!

Leslye said...

I impressed with your camping trip! I have very little camping experience too! We got a tent for a wedding present that Joey has been wanting to try out, but some how we haven't gotten to it. I don't think our tent is a Taj Mahal! :)

Shelli said...

Pretty impressive...I must say, the last time I was peer pressured into a similar situation, it didn't turn out so well. :) Ours just happened to be a Canoe Camping Retreat, and it ended with Jerry and I in the water....fully clothed...with an upside down canoe. Nice.

Mynes Family said...

HiJami,
It is good to be able to catch up with what is going on with you. I think that Ava is so cute.
-Jessica