Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The little sickie

Well folks, we had our first ear infection at the Hamrick house. I must say I am pretty happy with the fact that it took exactly fourteen months to get our first ear infection. But we didn't just get one we went all out for the first time we had double ear infections. It is always nice when the doctor looks in the ear she had not been messing with at all and says wow this one is really infected and I am like great I wasn't even concerned with that ear.

Normally, the pic below looks about how Ava is 95% of the time - extremely excited or just slightly spastic - take your pick.




This is how she looked yesterday evening. Poor little thing. So, what does one do when she is sick watch The Wiggles all day long!!! I think Mom, Dad, Gree and Grandpa (my mom and dad) could have gone insane and now can quote The Wiggles we have seen it so much.



I will say thank goodness for drugs because this is how I found the precious one this morning and the best thing about the picture is she is in her own bed and had been for 12 hours straight - let's just say we spent plenty of bonding time in the recliner the night before. I know you are thinking "Good night - how many blankets must one child have?" We have three blankies we sleep with at night, I know excessive is your first thought and while it is she sleeps great so who cares. I do however only allow one small blankie out in public - I would say I only allow that so people don't think we are over the top or anything but I just refuse to carry anything else. Ever since I entered the realms of motherhood I feel like a pack mule so one is all I can sanely handle keeping up with!!!!!

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Poor thing! Hope she is feeling better.

Both my kids have about three blankies they love, along with various stuffed animals. I sometimes wonder how Isaac finds space to sleep in his bed at night among all the animals and blankets. But it makes them happy and allows me a solid night's sleep.

Ashley said...

Hey Jamie! Your daughter is beautiful! It was fun to find you on here. I love the blogging world.

The Speck family said...

Bless her little heart~ I hope she is feeling much better....but isn't it also so fun when they are so snuggly? Our nephew used to LOVE the Wiggles, so we learned how addicting "Fruit Salad" is once it gets in your head. Hugs to you! KJS

GPaty said...

Sorry the little one is sick! Sometimes it's harder on mom than on the child...Claire didn't get her first ear infections until she started going to Mother's Day Out when she was 2. Then she got so many, she had to have tubes put in her ears. I think it might have been the teacher that said to me,"She's been drinking out of Noah's (another little boy in her class) sippy cup all day. Whoops! Sorry!" that made me want to strangle her. Don't worry I didn't..I just sent her the bill for the ear surgery. Ha ha..just kidding. Hope your baby feels better soon! She's still adorable, even when she doesn't feel good. By the way, which Wiggle is your fav? Greg or Jeff? :)