Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

American Girl in the making

Honestly, I can't believe my 14 month child has already been to the American Girl store, this wasn't planned for a few years down the road but this was a special occasion. The sweet girl with Ava is Jessica she and her family are missionaries in England. They were in the states for a visit and she has a doll so while her parents were taking care of business in Houston my mom took her to the American Girl store so of course Ava got to go. When we got Ava's stroller out of the car Jessica asked if this was her push chair. I was like sure we call it a stroller but push chair makes sense too.


I can't believe they have so much stuff for dolls, it was insane but so much fun. The pic below is of Jessica and her doll Kirsten. I know, I know bad pic but we were seated by a window. If you haven't been to this store before your doll gets to sit with you at the Bistro and has her own doll sized menu.


And here is a pic of Ava with the doll the Bistro kindly let us borrow. In this picture Ava is demonstrating some of her aggressive affection. She is obsessed with dolls with blinky eyes (she has one at home) and all she wants to do is poke their eyes out. I try to work on this by saying Oh, sweet baby. Well, a few weeks ago someone was holding a real baby and I said Oh, sweet baby and Ava poked his eye. So, warning to mom with newborns and if Ava is in sight !!!!

Of course, no dining experience is complete without a milkshake!


All in all the trip was a success Jessica ended up with some outfits for her doll. The best part about it was listening to Jessica tell her mom about the whole experience in her English accent. It was so sweet and funny at the same time.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

My father in law is the general manager of the bistro at American Girl Dallas...his discount is 30%! I seriously am having to hold myself back from buying out a good portion of the store! I love me some American Girl!