Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

You know you always want things you don't have, I have always received comments on how much hair she has and how they wish their children had that much hair. What is funny is that when she was a baby I loved her hair, however, with all this hair came a few draw backs. I LOVE big bows, but when Ava was a baby the headbands never worked for her they slid off all the time and she just didn't look as cute as the baby's without hair looked so I had to wait a little while before I could use big bows. Another draw back was that haircuts had to start early for this one. I started just doing a few trims at age six months because when you are looking like this

it is just time my friends that you need a little trim and I felt like I could save a few bucks and do it myself. Well, lately I have had several questions mainly from family members about when I was going to take her to get a real hair cut and I just can't imagine why they were asking because she woke up every morning looking like this


I mean if that isn't beauty in the making. We had to clip that stuff back the minute she woke up because she couldn't even see to eat her breakfast. So, on August 29th Ava received her first haircut at Cool Cuts. Now, I know there are those out there thinking wow you paid too much for that but I am here to tell you I would have paid more for the hair cut to go as smoothly as it did - here are some pics...





The finished product!!!! I will admit it was time for some shaping and layering that is just above my haircutting techniques. It does look good and we can still have our little pony on top of our head with a big bow. Overall, she did fantastic she thought she was pretty cool driving that taxi all while watching The Wiggles, could life get any better

1 comment:

GPaty said...

YEA!!!!! I have FOUND YOU! I am so stoked to see you in blogland and be able to keep up with you. I have MISSED laughing with you like crazy! How long have you been blog stalking me?! I can't believe you've never left me a comment! Ava is absolutely precious and I laughed outloud when I read this post because we were at the CoolCuts haircut place in Abilene today getting Gregory's hair cut. I agree with paying too much because it's a whipping to drop $16 on a haircut that takes 5 minutes, but it is SO WORTH IT. Cody's tried to take him to the "barber shop" and it just doesn't fly. So all of that to say, I love you and am very excited to hear about your life on a lot more frequent basis. :) Hit Heath for me.