Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tradition

Each year Christmas Eve is spent in Snyder with Mammy and Pappy. Everything about it is traditional not just the fact that we are together each year but the way we do Christmas is the same each year. We have a pretty large family and usually it is ran like a well-oiled machine. Stockings are done first from the youngest to the oldest. The cousins draw names that is the first gift that is opened one at a time from youngest to oldest. Then, we open our gifts from Mammy and Pappy again youngest to oldest. The aunts and uncles then take their turns opening their gifts. Then, Mammy and Pappy open their gifts from their kids and grandkids.

Below is the gift from the grandkids this year and it says it all - Generations. The picture Pappy is holding is a picture of them with all their grandkids (16 of them) and great-grandchildren (12 of them). I think I can speak for all of us cousins that now that we are older it isn't at all about the getting of the gifts, while it is nice and fun we are all grateful for the memories and the time together that this tradition has allowed all of us to share. Each year and throughout the year someone will always talk about something that happened at one of our past Christmas's and then someone else will add something in and then before you all know it we are all talking about something and crying from laughing so hard. This year was no exception, several hilarious memories were made. I am so grateful to Mammy and Pappy that although I know it isn't always the most fun thing in the world to make tons of homemade candy every year and tons of great food to feed an army this tradition has given us all such great memories to last for generations.

There is no particular order of these pictures it really is just for family members to see some of my pictures that I got and I know Mammy is going to kill me for putting a picture of her on my blog.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell she is loving every minute of it!

The Speck family said...

I love catching up on your Christmas fun....her outfits are all SO CUTE and that little face just melts my heart~ how could you ever tell her no? Hugs to you JB.