Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

18 months

Well, I can't believe it Ava is 18 months old. Man, the time is flying some days more than others but I just can't believe that she is almost two. As my mom said the other day it is almost depressing to look at clothes because she has grown out of all the cute baby stuff and is now a little girl!!!

Here is what she looked like one year ago!



And then today. We were outside playing and I can't believe how big she is.



Here are some of the things I want to remember about her at this age:

  • She loves little boys ages 5-9. She loves to hit and act wild and crazy and wrestle with them. She thinks it is just hilarious. In fact, the first name she can say is Drew and he is a third grader that is so sweet to her anytime she sees him even in the middle of church she starts shouting his name. It is hilarious and I know it drives him crazy but he is sweet with her.
  • I often refer to her as the Taz short for Tazmanian Devil. When she is finished playing with a toy she just throws it behind her and moves onto the next. You never know where stuff might end up in this house. I honestly think Fisher Price ought to hire her for durability testing.
  • She is not a nurturer. I laugh as people write about their little girls getting dolls and how they instantly start loving on them. Ava likes to poke their blinkie eyes and them tosses them aside.
  • She is passionate (or what most would say she has a temper and is strong-willed). In fact, yesterday she was so mad at me she started jabbering off something and it probably was a good thing I didn't understand a word of it because I am sure it would have warranted a big punishment.
  • Although I mention she is a Taz right now her favorite thing to do is take a lid of, remove the contents of whatever, put the lid back on, then take it off put everything back in and put the lid back on, it can provide tons of entertainment for her.
  • She has just started gaining and exploring how far she can push her independence.
  • She loves to dance, it is quite spastic but so hilarious.
  • She loves Barney and when the I Love You song comes on she drops whatever she is doing, comes to find me and gives me a hug and a kiss. So Sweet!!!!
She is truly a joy and so much fun!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It IS depressing! There are days that you think will never end. There are phases that you PRAY everyday is the last day of that phase. Then you stop, look at old pictures or see them doing something new and realize time FLYS by. Those are the nights I pick them up out of bed and rock them while they are still sleeping. Not for them.... for ME. Or I crawl in bed with Caleb and stare at him. It is heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

by the way, she IS adorable. Wish I could hear her voice and the jibber jabber. That is my favorite thing about toddler-hood.

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

She is a precious little girl. What sweet things to remember about this age. It's sad how quickly we forget all the funny and sweet (and awful) things they say and do... it's great that you've written down some to look back on in the future. Congrats on your 18 month old - you're getting close to the joy we all know as potty training!

Phillips Family said...

She is so sweet. Question: do you have to dry her hair with the hairdryer after you wash it? It is just beautiful!

I can totally relate to having a "strong willed child"

Jodi said...

Ok, I didn't know you were in blogland!!!! I'm so glad I found ya!! Your Ava is adorable, and I love reading your words... you write just like you talk. :) I look forward to keeping up with your sweet family... YAY!!!