Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tripp

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

The days I never thought I would have...

Let's take a look back shall we let's say oh 8 years ago. I had just graduated from college and started my job in corporate America. I worked in downtown Dallas on the 38th floor of the TXU building, rode the train into work everyday and loved it. I loved my job, loved the people I worked with, the company I worked for everything. I wanted to succeed and was well on my way to doing just that. Can I just say during this time how many times I said I never want to have children. They are fun and all but I really like to give them back to their parents when they get cranky!!!!

Well, today was a day I promised I was never going to have. Ava has not been feeling well but it seemed as though it was just the junk that every other kid has right now, just the time of year. Well, last night it got worse, blah, blah - called the dr. this morning said to come in. From the time I called the dr., Ava broke out in a rash all over her stomach and back and I am thinking glad I already called the dr., I am so on top of my mother's intuition today. Well, then we head for the dr. which is a little bit of a drive for me. She started crying this so sad pathetic cry and then about halfway there it happens projectile vomiting everywhere. I immediately pull over praying that I don't get hit by a semi which seriously could happen on this particular highway. Get as much of it cleaned up, realize I don't have a change of clothes for my child. On the way to the dr. I am fretting about taking my child into the dr. in a diaper but then realize I did have a onesie in the back. So, if you can imagine we both smell like throw up my child is in a onesie, socks and tennis shoes (high fashion in the toddler world) and here we go walking in to sign in.

I sit down and my poor child can not even hold her eyes open. Then, I see this new mom with her newborn (make-up, cute outfit and all) there obviously for a well-check I know she is looking at us or smelling us and thinking that will never happen to me and new mom I have news for you, I thought the same thing too!!!! In fact, I never dreamed this would ever happen to me because I was never supposed to have children!!!! Once we get back in the room as we are waiting I just start to giggle at the wonderful paths our lives take and how I wouldn't trade being a Mom for anything it is just funny that at one time I couldn't have even dreamed this day.

So, I thought I would post some pics from last week of a happier time here at the Hamrick house.

The other day Ava was playing with the hand towel in the bathroom and although it looks like she is closing her eyes this is how she winks at people, cracks me up everytime.


Aren't I beautiful and the queen of drama.


I have to hide from the paparazzi.


This is her latest trick to get the trigger of the spray bottler in her mouth and push it backwards with her teeth, therefore, spraying herself in the face. Weird I know.


I mean don't you want your face dripping with water 2-3 times a day?


Then, just to prove her Taz self, I was trying to get some cleaning done so Ava played on her stool in the bathroom and within a matter of minutes had everything pulled out of the open cabinet and all over the floor.


Well, that is all for now, please excuse me while I go whip out my engineering degree to figure out how to put the car seat back together after it has all been washed!!!!

5 comments:

GPaty said...

Sweet, Sweet Jami,
I am so thankful that you are a mommy! Ava is one lucky girl and Heath is so blessed to have you. And on the days that you would give anything to trade places with anyone, just close your eyes and remember the preciousness you refer to as your baby Ava....she is wonderful and you are a wonderful mommy.

Anonymous said...

Caleb did the vomit thing a few weeks ago as I was taking him with my to the OB office to find out if it was a boy/girl. Had no clothes to change him into. I took his shirt off and put his coat on. I told him no matter how hot he got NOT to take that coat off!

Fun times!

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Isn't it funny how we can be covered in vomit while dealing with a crying feverish child but knowing that you wouldn't trade it for anything. Each stage has it's hard times, but I find that the good easily outweighs the bad and I think God that He has given me such awesome children!

Thank you for that post - it gave me a laugh and brought up "great" memories. It's good to know we're all in this sick stuff together!

Little Miss Ava is certainly a doll and I love watching her grow and become such a precious little girl.

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a day. Note to self, but an extra outfit in the car for Braden... hope thing get better!

The Speck family said...

Thanks for the laugh out loud today..... that beautiful girl could not be more perfect if she tried~ I love her spunk (just like her mommy!). Oh how we can just relish the days of corp. america.....I mean how boring and meaningless were those days?!?! I love to go to www.momscoveredinpuke.com for my daily support group of mom's with reflux babies~ I never in my life thought I would be puked on as many times as I have....I will admit that sometimes I do have to break out an Excel spreadsheet just to meet my anal cravings :). Love to you~ I hope I can see you and that sweet girl in 2009! KJS